3.26.2009

Janae has been incredibly remiss in her blogging duties.

Sorry about that. I've had so many adventures lately. That should mean that I blog more, but I don't. And now you're all panicking because you know nothing of those adventures.



Richard and I went up to Bountiful to visit his Green grandparents. I don't think I've laughed so hard or enjoyed such witty remarks for...well, a long time. Yes, this is what Richard looks like as he drives. Unfortunately, Lame-o Janae left her camera in the car while they visited, and didn't think to go and get it to take more pictures.

I think our "chart the seas" expressions and obvious concentration would inspire any wanna-be explorer. Don't you?


Our next stop (the next week) was Wellsville and then Newton, Utah. Only a very small population even know that those two cities exist. And only Richard and I could have gotten lost in a town as small as Newton, but we did. So there you have it.


Here is my Auntie Delpha and her husband Brad. We stayed with them. Our outing was largely to go and see the play that Auntie directed and Sarah, LJ, and Uncle Brad were in. Sarah directed one of them as well. There were 3 one-acts, and I think I nearly died laughing. I've never thought it possible that my cousin could play the "ugly princess" so well.


Aunt Jan and Sarah Gorgeous-Face Hall.

Richard was sick this whole trip. :( Poor thing. At least his spirits were high. He always brightens my life. Optimism is truly a gift.

***

And again, the Lame-o Janae forgot her camera for the second half of the trip, and so has no pictures of the Newton adventure.
Despite the lack of pictorial evidence, Newton was spiffy fun! After getting lost (ha ha) we were fed the yummiest meal (even the potatoes) and then Rich and I learned ALL about the American Girl dolls thanks to Samantha and Laura Lee. It was fascinating! Luke was totally adorable the entire time, and Julie and her husband Richard were so fun to be with! Good people, great conversation, and really cute pictures of my Richard when he was a baby. :) How could I ever want more?
I'm REALLY excited to be a part of the Stubbs family. I get to have older sisters and brothers and they're all wonderful! I've always wanted older siblings. And it looks like I get them after the whole "pick on the younger sibling" stage.

...well, so far...I'll keep my fingers crossed...

:)

4 comments:

wendys said...

You are about to enter the "childless aunt & uncle" stage. Which means my kids will wrestle you and demand that you play with them constantly. And we as parents will sit back, relax and let them destroy you. Welcome to the family. Make a trip to Chubbuck next!

Nae said...

Ha ha! Bring on the destruction! :) It can't be worse than my younger brothers, right? A trip to Chubbuck might be just the "done with finals" trip we need.

SP said...

We are happy you are joining us too...(insert evil laugh)...but no really, we're very happy for Richard's choice...and your choice for that matter.

And who ever said that I picked on Rich. It's ALL lies.

Did he ever tell you that once while watching TV (rich was lying under a blanket in fron of me)he mooned me? I was minding my business, watching the tube, when a white little bum stared me in the face. He couldn't have been more than 5 at the time.

So who picked on who here?

Nae said...

Brilliant. :D It DOES sound like you've had the hard end and I WOULD take your side; however, Rich told me some stories about how you would run in while he was in bed, sit on him, and then let 'em rip.

I don't find that too hard to believe. ;)