8.30.2012

Lily wanted to watch Tangled so I'm blogging

I haven't posted for so long that I've forgotten everything I wanted to post about. So there. 

But maybe some of our family pics will jog my memory.





Lily counted to seven this morning. Rich and I stopped in our tracks! 
She's a mover and a goer, and it mostly just makes me proud of her and completely exhausted. At the same time.









Ruthie has been eating rice cereal and oatmeal cereal for three weeks now! She likes the oatmeal cereal better (which means she gets and keeps more of it in her mouth).

Thanks to the generosity of an amazing sister of our sister-in-law, I own a car for the first time in my life. I feel pretty spiffy, that's for sure. 

Our new ward is pretty cool (and friendly and fun). This is the husband of the gal teaching that week, covered in cake mush. And then we ate some of the cake.

But not the stuff that was rubbed in his face. 



I just finished reading a book that was like braiding exceptionally thin hair. It took so much effort to keep all of the pieces together that the end wasn't worth the read. I pretty much gave it the same review on goodreads, in case you're curious. 

Richard's hair wasn't as thin as that book, however, so I had a great time doing six french braids and it actually looked pretty fantastic! The pictures definitely don't do his head justice. 




And as for this...
...it is just to tease you and make you keep checking our blog. 
Cuz I'm not ready to post about it yet.

 I love Ruth and Lily, and Richard, and I wouldn't have such an amazing life without them. I have never done anything harder in my life than stay home and try to grow my daughters, but I've never been so appreciative of family and the gospel before. The family truly is central to the Creator's plan for the eternal destiny of His children, I know it's true. (The Family: A Proclamation to the World)
Lily likes to hold Ruth,
but not long enough to have pictures taken...

4 comments:

Dianey Face said...

In that last picture Ruth looks as if she's saying, "Hey! Wait a minute!! Where do you think you're going?!" :) I love the consistency of your blog and I keep up with it. I wish I could get back into it again!

Jangs said...

Love love love you all

michaelstubbs said...

I can't believe you got that much braid into Richard's hair! It's good to see you all.

Julie said...

Whoah! I can't believe Rich's hair can be braided-- that takes talent!! Cool new car!!! I like it!