Richard is now 28! How old! Just kidding. I have to tease him because I won't get there until next year.
His birthday was full of happiness. His colleagues took him out for a surprise birthday party and fully enjoyed his soda-drinking while they enjoyed their alcohol. They love to be "in" on his abstinence— watching other people react to him ordering soda.
Back on the home front, Lily planned a surprise birthday party. She made him presents, made me blow up balloons, and helped make Daddy's cake, too. Ruth helped make the frosting. And eat it. And spread it all over the kitchen.
We've celebrated for two days now. I'm thinking of drawing it out until Tuesday, at least. I made two cakes (don't ask) so we certainly have the party material to keep it going a while.
And, unfortunately, I neglected to take pictures. I was too busy making food. Here are pictures, not really of Rich's birthday.
Grandma Jenni sent some kinetic sand and they played happily for almost three hours! Thank you, Grandma Jenni!
And Lily has been practicing her stunt woman work.
The girls also painted my toes. Well, toenails. No...my toes. I scared some people with them for a while until the paint washed off of my skin.
And Rich and I have been geeking on Doctor Who lately. When he isn't doing homework. :) We rather blew through the David Tennant seasons. I've loved all of the regenerations so far, in case you were thinking I was just stuck on one of them. But there is a special place in my heart for David Tennant. Whenever I think of his really sad, lonely face, I watch The Decoy Bride to convince myself that he's happier.



1 comment:
love your posts. Sorry I am been so long getting on
Post a Comment