12.26.2014

Sayonara, 2014

Christmas this year was our first as a little Stubbie family. Sure, we got homesick, but we had a blast.  See exhibit A.

Exhibit A

It was "Pure Fun." Lily might stay upside-down forever. 

We loved getting Christmas cards in the mail and also enjoyed our freakishly warm weather (yep, we spent a long time at the park today). And I love having Christmas two hours earlier than the rest of you western-dwellers. It's like I'm living in a time machine whenever I think of you, waking up hours after we did. No, no... a Tardis! My time machine is a Tardis. 

***

We might finally be figuring out Ruthie's seizures. We partied too hard when Grandma Jenni came to play, and threw off Ruth's sleep schedule just enough that she had a record number of seizures (for her) in a matter of four very exhausting, very emotional days. So we've taken care to ensure lots and lots of snuggle and My Little Pony time. I don't think she's walked anywhere for herself in three days... she's just too cute. YOU try saying no to her and tell me how it goes. But hopefully after the next EEG and MRI we'll be ready for step II: fix-it. I hope for her sake that we can get them under control. (And let's be honest... I hope for my sake, too.)


We are ready to spend the rest of this year partying in our pajamas. 

And Richard took all the pictures, so you don't get to see his fantastic beard yet. It'll come. Or maybe we won't post a picture of it until the end of 2015! Then you'll Ooo and Ahh and possibly find small woodland creatures nesting in it. You never know. 

5 comments:

Anna said...

You are beautiful, babies are cute, the weather is amazing (so amazing that I'm afraid of it), and whatthehowdidinotknowohmygoshyourbabyare-youokay on Ruthie's seizures.

Nae said...

Anna, I'm glad you're afraid of the weather, too. Today we spent two hours outside throwing rocks into a stream and poking things with sticks. And I just can't decide what to do with my life if we actually get a winter here.
And yes...it's been a little crazy around here. And I don't mean just me. :)

wendys said...

And Ruthie is growing more hair! She is adorable. We are sending love and positive thoughts your way.

SP said...

Love the shirt! I hope Lily's is big enough!

michaelstubbs said...

We missed you guys too, and are glad that you are getting new experiences while you are far off. Take care of those kids (and yourselves).