At around 12:45 this morning Janae woke up with seriously painful contractions, and after consistent contractions (10 minutes apart) for an hour we decided to get to the hospital. Janae decided once again that she didn't want to do an epideral, and since she was the star of the show I just did as I was told. The first hour was a bit miserable since Janae was confined to her bed until the monitors got a good set of measurements, then she was unhooked and aloud to stand, walk, bounce, or dance through each contraction. This was how we spent the majority of the day.
Janae found particular comfort in listening to music while bouncing on a "birthing ball". After a while she asked to use the Jacuzzi which the hospital had, and enjoyed a nice soothing bath. After the Jacuzzi though she started to have the worst of her contractions lasting for almost 4 more hours. We got through it by putting our heads together (literally) and breathing through it all. I had to make up my own Lamaze since we never actually took that class...
Near the end Janae was exhausted, falling asleep between contractions. But despite the immense amount of pain and exhaustion she was feeling, she was polite and graceful as always. She kept thanking the nurses and Midwife. (Our doctor was not on call so we got the Hospital midwife, and that was great!) Near the end as she was pushing between each push she would say, "Thank you ladies, I couldn't do this without you!" The nurses fell in love with Nae and really gave great support. One nurse came in to help even though her sift had ended because she wanted to help Nae.
At 1:30 we met Little Maggie for the first time in person, and spend the next few hours holding her, and falling in love. Janae seemed to forget her exhaustion for a time while she enjoyed the fruits of her labor (literally).
Later I went home to get Maggie's older sisters and Grandma Jenny. We galloped back to the hospital and spent much time oooing and ahhing over the new baby. Ruth was really sad when she learned we can't taker her home for two whole days! She keeps telling me to go get the baby. Both girls got to hold their little sister multiple times, and Grandma soaked up her time as well. We are feeling so blessed to have increased our little family.
Thank you all for your texts, and love and support. We glad we can share some of this expereince with you. And now... photos!
![]() |
| I love the next series of pictures. "Oh My goodness she's here!" |
![]() |
| "Wait, that means I'm not the youngest anymore." |
![]() |
| "Oh, You're the youngest..." |
![]() |
| Lily loved taking photos of Maggie |
![]() |
| Ruth asked to be the first to hold her, and Lily asked to be the first to film her. |


















7 comments:
I am so glad you posted this! Thank you!
P.s. My forehead is bruised. How's yours?
P.p.s. Thank you for being the best coach and birth support ever. The nurses were all impressed with you, too.
Hey! Nice work. What a beautiful kid.
How wonderful! I can't wait to meet her.
That 's wonderful!! We are so excited for you guys. Your girls are growing up so much! (I won the birthdate contest by the way!!!!)
Thanks for the photos. Can't wait to meet Maggie in person. She is a doll like her sisters. Feeling really blessed right now. Beautiful job Janae and Rich. love you both
Julie, I am so excited to make a book for you! Way to guess the day spot on! Tell me, would you rather have a journal, sketchbook, or album-type book?
Congrats!!! Her little face! And I love the name, good choice, ladies. I hope you're doing well, Janae.
Post a Comment