11.07.2015

Catching up

I have no reason for putting this picture in other than it is a cute photo of Lily playing with Mags
 October was a very busy month for the Stubbs clan in Philly. I was accepted to present a paper at the Mid-Atlantic Passages Conference. This is a music therapy conference for students and new professionals. I presented for an hour on Music Therapy and Attachment. Ask me about it some time if you want to know more.

The actual conference went very well, however the trip down was a bit of a nightmare. What was supposed to be a 3 hour drive to a pleasant family weekend trip turned into a 7 hour saga...


 The traffic along the way to Virginia was awful. We spent much of the drive going about 5 mph or sitting at a dead stop. So of course this meant that girls had to pee and there was no way to get to a rest stop. We had to pull over a few times to water the flora.
 Margaret was a champ through the who experience. She slept through most of the drive. Poor Ruth got car sick and threw up twice. So I got pretty good at cleaning puke out of a care seat while stuck in traffic.
 While I was in the conference Janae and the girls explored the beautiful campus of Shenandoah University. Of course we forgot to take photos...

Halloween this year was a blast. Lily had her costume planned since july and didn't once change her mind. She was a "Ice Wolf" and Ruth wanted to be a scary spider. Margaret decided to be the world's cutest baby. Our halloween was jam packed. The older girls and I traveled into the city for a music class that I teach every Saturday. This time is was a halloween party class. Can you guess what My costume is?







It was a very eventful October, and really I don't know if we could review it all... So on to November!

3 comments:

wendys said...

I hate sitting in cars with kids! Whew, you guys are brave. I love the costumes!

michaelstubbs said...

Willy Nelson! Congratulations on the conference.

SP said...

That trip sounds awful but congrats on presenting! Parenthood-oh parenthood.