5.08.2009

Mission Accomplished!

I can't tell you how many times during the course of my freshman year I would hear, "Yeah, I failed all my classes the semester I got engaged." There were a number of girls who would boast about the fact that they dropped out of classes just to prepare for the wedding. I took this as a challenge. "Self," I said, "you must get a 4.0 the semester you get engaged. No failing classes for you. You're going to break this strange norm."

Five semesters later, I got engaged. My goal was still there, in the back of my mind, so I brought it to the forefront and held on with all of my might. Was the semester difficult? Yes. Did I do a ton of wedding planning? No. :) But neither did my mom until the tax season was over, so I feel justified. Did I accomplish my 4.0 goal?

Yes.

Maybe it's bragging, but I am really, really happy! Yesterday I got a letter informing me that I made the Dean's list for Winter semester 2009, and that I'm in the top 5% of my college. :) That sure made me feel good.

Richard and I celebrated by buying clothes for our engagement pictures today. Ha ha, I guess the wedding planning is going to hit me now. ;)

4 comments:

Adam B said...

Oh yes - it will definitely hit you now. Good luck staying sane. :)

Jason & Shannon said...

Wow congratulations!

Chess said...

Hey this is Chessie! Congrats on the 4.0! That's awesome! When is the big day?

Nae said...

July 18th! :)