Today as I tried to avoid doing homework I realized something. I no longer have a reason to avoid doing homework. It was usually my favorite thing to get out all of my books and papers, set them up, push them aside, and check all of my friends' blogs. Today I attempted this same ritual. There were no new updates. Why? Because my friends who would actually blog semi-regularly are now on missions! Oh the horror! Now I live for the family posts, but I must face the fact that Richard's siblings are pretty busy with life and can't blog often enough to give me regular homework relief. Hmmm, what to do?
Maybe this is a sign. Maybe I should just get my homework finished.
OR I could just blog myself. :) Last night Richard took me on a surprise date. We went to Pirate Island! It's the new pizza place that used to be the Mall Cinema. We went, not expecting much, and left thinking "holy cow!" We walked through the rough wooden doors only to be met with a giant waterfall, and a cave, and gold coins, and skeletons, etc. Every waiter/waitress was dressed to a pirate t. One of the waiters even had a stuffed bird glued to his shoulder! We passed a giant pirate ship (which Richard later pointed out was the kitchen) to get to our seats. It was...THE BEST! The food was also REALLY good and relatively cheap. HUGE pizza! Wahoo! It's National Talk Like A Pirate Day tomorrow, and if you do talk like a pirate then you'll get free drinks. Spiffy, isn't it? Rich and I hope that they do really well!
Arr...
8 comments:
We will have to take the kids there on our next visit! It sounds like fun!
I'll start blogging again once I get the tent trailer fixed up. Then you'll have some homework relief. I used to just take naps to get out of my homework. I miss naps.
I don't blog TOO regularly (although I'm working on improving that)... and I don't know how entertaining mine are... but you are welcome to read MY blogs!! :-)
Would you guys take me to that new pizza place when I come and visit again?
Well, feel free to read my blog...not that I update it very often...but...go ahead!!! :o)
That sounds like a mighty fine pirate joint-- I just finished reading Treasure Island-- now I am in the mood to go eat there. Except in Treasure Island they ate salted goat and biscuits. Do they serve that there? Also-- I need your house colors-- I am a little behind with wedding gifts-- really behind.
How fun! I decided to skip how cool Pirate Island is! I want to see for myself and I want to be surprised. I also do the same thing putting off homework and looking at blogs, and there aren't many updates.
I've been wondering about that place! We'll have to go! You can check out my blog anytime ;) I'm not on a mission... I don't update every day or anything but more than every year and a half. How is married life?! (Don't you just love that question) I love that you taught your hubby to sew. That's so cute. If only I could get mine to buy me a sewing machine... :)
as a reply to your post...you better come and visit next summer! that would be fabulous!
Post a Comment