First we started with learning about the machine. My machine is old (Grandma Peggy gave it to me), but simple. He learned all about the handwheel and the presser foot and he even wound his own bobbin! I was having soooo much fun watching him. After practicing on a piece of scrap fabric he was ready to go!
9.02.2009
Assistant Scout Leader vs Sewing Machine
First we started with learning about the machine. My machine is old (Grandma Peggy gave it to me), but simple. He learned all about the handwheel and the presser foot and he even wound his own bobbin! I was having soooo much fun watching him. After practicing on a piece of scrap fabric he was ready to go!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Just to be the first on this to comment. This was a lot harder to do than I expected, and I am glad I didn't have to get a sewing merit badge. Though I think I coudl now.
Would you tech me now? Coz I've never touhed a sew machine in my entire life!!!
Ok you never sewed for me. (Maybe its the woman you are married to who has inspired you....that's fair!) However you did climb all over my sewing table while I sewed, hanging your GI Joes off the shelves overhead and my equipment. So perhaps you gained some inspiration there. Great job. You look really spiffy!
I was just called as a scout leader for the 16-18 year old kids, and the last thing that I will do is wear a uniform. Good for you, anyways.
Great work!! Now-- have I seen that last photo as a Norman Rockwell painting somewhere?
That's awesome! Jason would much rather have me do the sewing for him. Haha,
If you have little boys, you will be SO happy that you taught Richard to sew on patches. There will be many, many, many opportunities for him to do so! Great job!
Great calling for ya. Love the last of the Moon picts too. keep the pictures coming. ps, I loved the thank you card you sent inthe mail it's on our fridge, so we can enjoy your mugs longer.
Wait! You mean you can sew those stinkin' patches on with a machine? Why didn't someone tell me this before? My fingers are still sore.... twenty years later....
Post a Comment