Twas the Week before finals and all through the house every creature was stirring, including the mouse. (of the computer that is) All the Children were busy studying all crazed at the desk while visions of physics and deadlines danced in their heads....
OK, I know you have all been there done that, but finals week has sprung. This has been a particularly interesting week as it is. This morning as I woke to drive Janae to school we did our usual routine of eating our breakfast and while I go to warm the car up Janae gets her last minute things together. Well when we were on the road a few minutes later the car started to make a really scary grinding noise. By the time I dropped off my beautiful wife it was very loud indeed and I decided I should head directly for the mechanic. Unfortunately, I did not get that far. I was just turning down the road toward the mechanic when the power steering went out and being that I was closer to home than the shop I pulled up to our apartment. as soon as I put Percy in park the engine started to smoke and I was a more than concerned. It turns out that the water pump blew up and it broke some belt that helps the steering. Any cow to make a short story long I managed to get the Jeep towed to the mechanic and they are now fixing her up. The total damage cost just a little under 400 so far, I am just so thankful that we did not have to spend so much that it would have been better to get a new car.
In lighter news I have a new job as a physical therapy tech. It pays a lot less, and I get a lot less hours, but the benefit is that I now get experience that I can include on my applications to grad school, and It's a lot more friendly to a School schedule. I started training for it today and I even got to do some ultra sound on a guy's knee. All in all it's a very good move, albeit a poorly timed one right on top of finals. Oh well, I can't complain, I have been really blessed so far, and Janae is so supportive. I love her for that.
Right now I am blogging and Janae is finishing a Final paper for one of her classes. It's big deal, and it's due tomorrow. (ah college, last minute to the max) I am trying to be a supportive husband and to stay up with her ding some of my own homework, but I can only think about nutrition and physics and anatomy so long.
I am excited for the holidays. I hope they find all of you well, and I love you very much. What a great season when we get to sit and remember the gift that was given to the world on the very first Christmas. Merry Christmas everyone, may you remember the Savior and my God bless you with everything you need.
7 comments:
Sorry to hear about the car. Hope it gets well soon.
Hate car expenses--they are never cheap! You two make me glad I don't have finals this year! Don't wait 40 years to finish school. Good luck with all that fun stuff!
So how does one "ding" homework? Sorry about the car, they are money pits.
I haven't met you yet, Rich, but you are now my cousin and after this post I can see you must fit with Janae wonderfully. I don't think I've said it before: welcome to the family.
So sad about the car (sniff) I understand-- the very first month Rich and I were married, the Celica's water pump did the exact same thing. However, we spent $1,000 to fix it (I think we got duped, frankly) and that was all the money we received from our wedding. At least we had the cash!
Good luck with finals! Congrats on the new job- it sounds cool.
Good luck in all ways.
I think car problems are the curse of newly weds and middle and late weds. We lost $5,000 on our poopy car this summer. I wish I was exagerating. Just think, $400 now and a couple grand later...I don't want to know what will hit us later.
ps please come visit us any time you want this summer. We don't care when, as long as you do...that is, if you are still planning on it.
Did you mean to say any cow? Please, PLEASE say you did mean to say Any cow!
Finals are over now, so wishing you good luck is pretty silly - so, uh...good luck with the new semester starting! :D
Post a Comment