Yesterday was the 9th grader launch day for their hot air balloons. They've been learning about convection, so they made their own balloons! They had 80+ minutes, lots of tissue paper, and lots of glue sticks. 
One of the balloons burst into flames about eight seconds after launching and its flaming pieces never even hit the ground! Tissue paper burns more quickly than I realized. It's just my luck to never get footage of the explosions we had. :)
4 comments:
I was never allowed to play with fire at school. I had to do it as an "extra curricular" activity.
Cool class Mrs. Stubbs. I never had such fun in school especially science
THose look really good! Way fun. Maybe I could do this for preschool.....but then. Maybe not
That looks like lots of fun! LL's class made rockets the other day and had a contest to see whose rocket shot up the farthest. It was pretty impressive what those little kids could make. I would love to see hot air balloons-- especially ones that explode:)
Post a Comment