4.03.2012

WHAT AM I DOING?!?

I am sitting here, with a million things to do. I am doing none of the things I need to be doing, including eating some Tums to calm my burning heart. Why haven't I spared myself the discomfort? Because that would involve moving...

Unprepared is an understatement. It's almost as if the closer I come to this baby's deadline the more I realize I haven't done.

And the longer that list of "DO THESE THINGS" gets, the less is happening. Oh, the blame is entirely mine! I've hit this mental block of sorts and I'm unsure as to whether or not I'd like it removed.

Maybe I should just focus on what I have taken care of.

- Teaching my second to last lesson. I think it went well, despite my lack of energy. Here's hoping my students agreed.
-

...nah...that might actually be all I've done.

But there is something that Rich and I both finished up yesterday. This is pretty monumental, are you ready?

WE FOUND SOMEWHERE TO LIVE! (Pictures to come later. I'm not going to be optimistic about my photo-habits.) I've been panicking about this for a while, mostly because there wasn't much to be done until we got closer to when we could actually move out. This habitation limbo was not doing kind things to my subconscious and my dreams kept getting more and more crazy/silly/scary/confusing/downright odd. So on Monday, lack of sleep notwithstanding, I searched online, made phone calls, left messages, texted people, and actually talked to some people, too.

We found an apartment...it sounded nice...
...it was in a nice/safe neighborhood...
...and then the lady actually called me back!

Could we go and see it around 4:30pm? Sure. Rich would be home by then.

My tummy was filling with happy butterflies. I was actually excited about this! My mouth was dry, I kept checking the time, I did my hair, put on some "smell-goods," actually put on pants other than scrubs...

...in short it was like I was going on my first date or something. I didn't know what to expect, but I wanted it to be awesome.

To try and end this eternal post (which I've just realized is me, rambling on and on and on and on and on and on and on) I'll put it bluntly: it was totally awesome.

First month of rent and a deposit later we had the keys, with the chance to move in as early as tomorrow if we wanted to!

I am so happy. So relieved.

So sleepy.

So going to bed. :) I'm happy to announce that those crazy dreams did not keep me tossing and turning last night, which is good, because soon enough I'll have a little bundle of love doing that.

5 comments:

Julie said...

That is great! We are excited to come and see you in your new digs! How soon do you move in?

Nae said...

We're going to move in earnest once Rich is done with classes. So, around the 11th? Ish? :) We'll aim for that and see what happens.

Abby said...

I'm so glad you found a place! That is a big load off your mind. Keep on keepin' on!

michaelstubbs said...

Glad to hear the good news. Moving is never fun. Graduation and pregnancy make it even trickier.

Adam B said...

Let us know when, and we'll be there to help!