9.11.2012

Happy 2nd Birthday!

September 7, 2010 Lily was born!




September 7, 2011 she celebrated her first birthday and went for a walk on a bit of a blustery day. She had fun.




September 7, 2012 was her second birthday! Two years old! We don't actually have pictures of the day of because Rich's camera is broken and I can't for the life of me find the cord that charges mine. We have some video, however. She even had a party with friends! They decorated sugar cookies. 

(When Ruth is about to turn two, please remind me that inviting 3 other 2-year-olds and a 5-year-old is waaay too many...in fact, I may never initiate friend parties again)

I think she's growing up well, don't you? :)




Lily, you are such a joy in my life. From the moment you wake up every day with your cheerful "Good morning! You are awake, too!" to your curiosity and your rather distracted prayers...you make me the happiest Mommy alive. Thanks for being such a good, happy gal. And for reminding me that "I can be happy!"







Oh, and Ruth says hi.


8 comments:

Kimi Price said...

Happy birthday, little dear! Glad that the timing was off so we didn't add another infant, one-year-old, and three-year-old to the madness. :)

Anna said...

For Rachel's 2nd, we only had 2 friends, and it was great. My mom never let us have "friend parties" until we were five. She is very wise.

ps. I love the leaves on your background! I'm having blog envy.

michaelstubbs said...

Happy Birthday, Lily! What a great kid. I can't believe that she is two already.

Julie said...

Wow! Two? She is so sweet- and I love the wispy hair as she rides the rocking horse. We need to get down there and see those girls! (oh and you guys, too!! Ha ha!!)

Jared Stubbs said...

Happy birthday! (Sorry for the late comment :) )

Abby said...

Happy Happy Birthday Lily! What a cute, intelligent, happy little girl. We love you!

Jangs said...

We love you too. So glad you come to play

SP said...

I'm glad she was born!