So last night I had a dream. I was walking into the apartment and Janae handed me a stack of letters. On the very top was a letter from Emory University in Atlanta, Georgia. I eagerly tore open the letter and read the words:
Dear Mr. Stubbs,
We at Emory university are please to inform you that you have been selected to come to Emory to be interviewed for a spot in the class of 2013.
The letter also contained a date for the interview and a itinerary for me to follow when I got to campus to interview. Then Janae and I danced around so excited that I actually got a positive response.
When I awoke I went about my day as usual. I went to work, came home for lunch, and studied for a GRE retake I am planning this month. When I checked my e-mail around 1:00 there was an e-mail from Emory... the news... I was not accepted into their program. Am I disappointed... yes. Applying for schools has been one of the most trying things I have done in my life so far, so much depends on my paying schools hundreds of dollars for them to look at a few essays and then give me a nod allowing my life to continue in the health care profession I have been preparing for all these years, or a thumbs down in a sense letting the lions out to devour my pride. I am learning to be patient however, Janae and I have specific goals in mind, and we have felt prompted in many ways to do things to prepare to leave this next year for PA school... I just wish I had some good news.
I don't share this experience to get sympathy. I don't need to be told that it's tough, and people have been there before. I understand that, and I still have six more schools to hear from. I am simply sharing this story because I thought it was funny to have a dream about a specific school and then to hear from that same school later on that same day.
Thanks for all the prayers and support.
6 comments:
That is one crazy dream. I hope the next dream is that you don't get into a school and then you get a letter from them that you actually do get in!
Yes-- maybe you live in opposite land. If you DON'T study for the GRE than you will get the highest score ever....right?
Well that was disappointing. It is interesting that you dreamed Emory and Emory's letter came.
I had a dream the other night where I was playing football and I had to block on a guy a lot bigger than me. In my dream I got down low and exploded into his legs to bring him down. As I went to throw the block I woke up, and quite forcefully and with great speed leaned forward and to the right a threw that block into the air. When I woke up enough to know what was going I was was grateful that Abby was asleep on the left side of the bed.
No dreams for me. Just lots of prayers for my family. Have faith, work hard and we will all carry on.
Maybe you will still go to Emory next time. ;) I was ticked when I found out Lyndon decided not to do his second application to Dartmouth the 1st time he applied to med school. I just had this gut feeling that that was where I (yes me) wanted Lyndon to go. And what do you know we went 2nd time around. (I know you didn't want to hear that, but I couldn't resist! I am your bothersome older sister who cares much about you and who TOTALLY understands the financial and just plain stressful feeling you are going through, I sympathize with you!!!)
You have some crazy premonitions though!!
Post a Comment