1.08.2013

Christmas was GREAT!

Lily and Ruth both came down with croup at the end of November. It cleared up just in time for them to come down with colds. Now Rich and I are getting over some sort of flu-ish thing, and I'm just ready to be healthy. But nothing could stop us from celebrating Christmas!

 Lily couldn't quite figure out why everyone was so excited to get downstairs. She was thoroughly enjoying her Fruit Loops.

Grandpa Mark, wielding his frying pan. He watched Tangled every day of the break with the girls. :)

Lily's cousin Claire was sweet to share her makeup. I think she had a good time applying barbie-beautiful facials on her younger partners in crime.

Ruth had a great first Christmas! She loved how crazy it was. She also loved trying to fit the clementines in her mouth.


Rich made me (got that? he totally made them for me!) a quilling board and quilling tool. He's sooooo cool. I've been having fun exploring this new paper art, and he's a great husband to gift me something that means I'll be focusing more time on strips of paper instead of him. :) 
But to make sure I didn't spend all of my time with paper strips we used some of our Christmas money to get Lego Lord of the Rings for the Wii. LOVE IT! It's a tradition of ours to play those games together at night when the kids are asleep. So fun!



Later in the evening we went to visit the Card side!

Playing "elevator" with Grandpa Card.


Basically, this was the best Christmas yet. Rich and I loved spending so much time with family and Lily sure loved being with her cousins. And Lily's new favorite movie is "the one with the elephant and the jungle and the kangaroo!" She's been quoting it for days and begs to watch it every morning when she wakes up. A big thanks to Jared and Abby! They picked well, it's one of our favorites! Now Lily will randomly come up to us and stick her nose right up in our faces, scream, and say, "oh no! It's bad Vlad! Not the Bunny Vlad."

It's been strange to be alone at our apartment again, but nice too. It took me a long time to put our lives back in order. I think I did laundry for a week. It felt like I'd never finish doing dishes. And our bedroom is still piled high with stuff that I need to put...somewhere. :) A huge thank you to Mark and Jan for letting us have a real holiday by staying at their place. :)



6 comments:

michaelstubbs said...

I got a book on paper art. Quilling is one of the chapters, so I know what you are talking about. I focus on cutting stuff. Merry Christmas!

Jangs said...

It was a great Christmas. Love you

Julie said...

When you finish some more quilling, I want to see pictures-- that angel you make was awesome! It was fun to see you guys!! I hope you all recover from the flu-ish thing soon!! We have had something like that too.

SP said...

ypu guys are/were soo patient with us and our girls!!!

Nae said...

Missy we LOVED spending time with you ladies! Lily gets sick of me after a few hours so having built in cousins/friends/roommates for her was magical. :)

Mike, I got a little encyclopedia on paper arts so that's the only reason I found out quilling exists. It's cool you know what it is at all.

Julie I will definitely put some pictures up, but it might be a while. I haven't quilled since Christmas vacation. :(

wendys said...

Thank you again for your Christmas presents! I need to take pictures of the kids in them! It was great to see you guys!