2.23.2014

The LEGO MOVIE!

Rich had his first real Saturday in three months so went out for a family outing to see The LEGO Movie! And what can we say about it?

EVERYTHING WAS AWESOME!!!



I felt like the movie could have come straight out of the hours I spent playing with LEGOS! The sad part about me is that I could probably have been President Business. Can you say control freak? I'm glad I (nearly) grew out of that.

And, of course, our girls were riveted.

After the "Everything is Awesome" song played once, Lily sang it at the top of her lungs each time it played again. We had to remind her that the people in the theater were trying to listen to the movie. She would bounce up and down on her chair and yell out characters' names as dangerous/exciting things were happening to them.

By the almost-end of the movie, Lily had to pee SO BADLY that she was dancing and bouncing and nearly crying. But she was not about to leave that theater. I have never seen a more torn three-year-old. Seriously, she was in anguish. It was hilarious!

Ruth yelled out "Uni-kitty!" once or twice even though I didn't think she was paying attention. She must have liked the show, because even though it started around her bedtime she didn't come close to falling asleep.

Success! And now Rich and I are looking forward to playing some Lego games on the Wii later tonight. Because, everything is awesome.


3 comments:

Julie said...

Cool video! We still haven't seen it yet. Maybe we will have to have an "everything is awesome" party when it comes out on DVD and we'll watch it here with you guys. We can pause for potty breaks.

michaelstubbs said...

You guys are a little bit nuts. I am glad it was a great movie.

Jangs said...

Awesome!! It would have been fun to watch the kids watch the movie. Like watching minions with Cade and realizing he laughs just like them.