You'd better believe it! Last night I experienced the most incredible FHE activity of my entire 20-year existence. What was it, you ask? See if you can guess by the time I tell you.
We got to the intramural (sp) fields around 7:46pm and there was a tarp spread out on the ground. (Later I found out that it was a tent, upside down. . .aren't we classic, poor college students?) On this tarp were duct taped eight rows of Styrofoam plates. On the plates were chocolate sauce, whipped cream, flour, and applesauce. . .instead of colors. My FHE siblings and I surrounded the tarp of despair and waited for the wheel of food fortune to stop spinning. And then the madness started.
"Right hand in chocolate," and so on and so forth until all the plates were smeared into each other, and all of us looked like the tarp. Jacob thought that it would be funny to throw flour in my ear so I thought it would be hilarious to wipe whipped cream all over his head. Then suddenly everyone thought it would be great to pour chocolate sauce all over in my hair, which was in a long ponytail (soon to be a long, clumpy ponytail of chocolate). I put on some chocolate sauce war paint and went to smash a plate full of applesauce and whipped cream in Jacob's face, but Andrew was just standing right there, looking way too clean. He dared me to get him. So I did. Then he really got me later, from behind, with his own plate of food-twister joy.
Have you ever had the slightly unpleasant experience of feeling applesauce go up your nose? Strangely enough. . .it's pretty enjoyable. Getting it out, not so fun. After we had all been sufficiently coated we took some pictures and then tried to clean up a bit. We just had a few towels to wipe off with. The food throwing had died down and Aryn (who stayed way too clean) was leaving so I got a ride with him. The epitome of charity, he gave me a ride home! He had me balance in the back seat on my knees (the only part of me that wasn't dirty) so that I didn't get his car yucky. Isn't he sweet? ;)
I'll be honest, I loved every second of it. Even when I got locked out of my apartment before I had the chance to shower. :) That was pretty funny. I finally got back in around 11:00pm, but never fear! My friend Lara let me shower in her apartment. Ah. That felt good.
I really wish you all could've been there! I guess that means the next time I throw a party. . .
3 comments:
Wow, that does sound absolutely amazing. Can I come next time? :)
Why aren't any of the pictures posted??! :) Awesome post, Nae.
I don't have any pictures, but about the time they come on facebook, I'll snag 'em. You've got to see them!
Post a Comment