I have fifteen minutes of work left. Thoughts are swirling around in my mind, but they're just slippery enough that I can't hold on to any of them for longer than two seconds. So what do you do when you can't really think and you have no work to do? Write. Naturally, getting everything that isn't inside of you onto a page (or onto the screen) is one of the most important and therapeutic things ever. :)
I passed cleaning checks today. Whew! It was a close call, but only because they're like Mr. Clean's own personal unit of dust Nazis. I even left work for my lunch break (at 9:45am) to be there so that I could pressure them into passing me--(pause for effect)--ha ha, as if I could ever pressure anyone.
Do you ever get nervous when change rolls in? I mean, you've known that it's coming for a while now, and you thought that you'd gotten over the initial shock and anxiety, but then you get those nervous flutters all over in your insides. I've noticed in my own life that even when I'm very dependent on the Lord, trusting in His arm only, I still have little heart attacks when I think of what I'm about to do. Always, I get to the other side and look back thinking, oh...that was it? You were right.
Then I realize how small-minded and short-sighted my fears were. And it's a little better the next time around.
No comments:
Post a Comment