
My awesome roommate Stephanie and I were looking at our bare and rather humdrum apartment yesterday. (There is no color. Anywhere. It's remarkably and surprisingly oppressing.) So we did what any college student faced with a problem would do. We got in her bright blue convertible, put sunglasses on, and--with great awesomeness oozing out of every smile--drove to DI.
We got stuck a couple of times with the books. We both love books. (Please note that the word "love" does not sound quite powerful enough in this statement. Think more of adoration, respect, excitement and awe all multiplied together for a massive "love" that mere book readers cannot possibly comprehend.)
We walked slowly through the isles. It was so hard (knowing that we were missing something wonderful if we didn't open and look through every one) to pull ourselves away to browse the pictures (which we had come for in the first place). Well, we found the coolest pictures ever.
1) The one hanging in the kitchen is just something you'll have to see for yourself
2) The creepy tight-pants-and-a-grandma poster
3) The gorgeous flower
4) And some awesome frames that have lame pics in them, but I'm thinking of blowing up some of my own pictures and filling them with those. Like the above flower. That one certainly has color. :)
Then something magical happened. We went back to books. We found a wall of PHENOMENALNESS! There were seriously over thirty of the most amazing collections ever! (However, not entirely complete) Imagine this: Tolstoy, Poe, Swift, Shakespeare, Emerson, and a bunch of others that I recognized but can't remember how to spell! I got Tolstoy. Stephanie got Poe. I'm so glad she did! She read a poem to me later than night that I had only ever heard part of.
Annabel Lee
(Seriously...so beautiful!)
(Yeah, I'm waiting for you to click on the link. Oh, and you have to read it out loud. It's so much more beautiful that way.)

(You shouldn't see this unless you've just gotten back from the link that took you to the poem.)
3 comments:
I saw you from across the store just as you were leaving, and Diane was there earlier; we chatted for a bit. Emily and I were getting "70's" costumes for a roller skating party Saturday, but I'm still having trouble finding a shirt with an abnormally large collar.
I love this poem. After all my daughter's name is Annabelle. It makes me happy to read your blog and here how you are doing! : )
how beautifully tragic.
Post a Comment