11.07.2008

On the first day of my birthday...

So I've decided to do something wonderful every single day this month to celebrate my birthday. I'm turning 21! Of course I should have a mini party every single day! :)

So here's how it works. I'll do something and then keep a record here. Why?

Why not? Now you can celebrate with me. :)

November 1 - I saw Aida at the Hale Center Theatre. Wow! It swallowed me and then pulled me through a web of very powerful emotions. The voices were what made it for me. The music...not so much...but the actors were phenomenal in both voice and expression. The choreography blew me away, the costumes were awesome, and the staging was incredible. Phenomenal! I highly recommend it. (I saw the Josephine/Darrick cast.)

November 2 - After enjoying a phenomenal pot roast dinner (thanks Richard!) I watched the CES fireside. It was wonderful, and I really enjoyed all of it. Then, as an extention of the celebration I talked with my mom while I delivered happy notes to my ward (which includes three complexes and a few houses) and it was so wonderful! My parents are my best friends, and I adore them. :)

November 3 - I got home around 7:00pm after a seriously amazing class. Brother Bott's mission prep class isn't just for missionaries. It's like "Life Prep!" Anyway...I got home, made a cake, messed up the cake, fixed the cake, decorated the cake, and then gave the cake away. :) It was great. Visiting Teaching rocks!

November 4 - I voted! I'm an active citizen of this country, and doing something like voting for the president of the United States was pretty much the biggest partying I did today. I learned some really important lessons today, too. I hope I never forget them (partly because I don't want to have to learn them again...)

November 5 - After I got home (it was like...8:47pm) I taught Suzie some dances. I think her favorites was the Koza from the Ukraine. :) She loved it. I loved it! The people living below us did not. :D

November 6 - I watched "Flushed Away" with Richard. AWE-SOME! He had never seen it before and I dare say that I wasn't expecting him to love it as much as he did. I adore British humor. ;)

November 7 - Today we're having a party at work. Caroline makes masterpieces and then we get to eat them. :D And then I'm going to have a party tonight, too! Yay! Lots of food...you should come...

2 comments:

Ernest Pratt said...

What a clever idea Janae! I'm going to start celebrating my Birthday today!

Dianey Face said...

Can we celebrate your birthday every day throughout the year? That would be fun.