10.31.2008

The Gloaming


Fitting--I think--that the sky this morning was a brilliant orange. I'm sure it wanted to celebrate Halloween too. I wish I could really capture just how orange it was, but my camera is sooo not doing it justice.

People really do change. And it's either for better or worse. I really don't think that people can be stagnant. ...Actually...thinking about that statement...people can be stagnant, but it's because of that inactive state that they become worse. How long can rolling waters remain impure? Having a direction and purpose in life is a driving force, which takes us to new levels. But being stagnant? You start to smell... and nasty things take hold of you and begin to grow. Think of all the infestations. Eww.
So in essence, if you don't move forward you are getting worse. It's one way or the other. We can be inactive but it will only cause digression. Don't think that we can stay in one place, one time, one level of intelligence, and one mindset without consequences. Things don't work that way.

Hmm...this causes me to think. About myself. Have I changed because I'm rolling forward or have I let change happen to me because I'm not moving at all?

1 comment:

Robyn said...

I loved that sunrise!!! I'm so glad you took a picture of it because I didn't. :)
And... was "gloaming" the dictionary.com word of the day? Even when we don't live together we're still so connected. :)
Loves! Let's do something together soon if you have time.