Kiki and I would like to introduce you to Baby Stubbs--the number one cause of our joy and nausea. Okay...the nausea is mine and mine alone, but I'm sure Rich wants to throw up at times when he hears me in the bathroom.And yes, we did find out that we're two weeks farther than we expected! Our due date is now September 3, 2010. Hmm...that reminds me I have to call the insurance company tomorrow and let them know. They seem to want to know simply everything...it's like they're going to pay for the baby or something...
This is a view from behind, and they used this picture for the crown to rump.
This picture is face-on. Since the bones are the whitest and most visible parts, we decided to name our baby Skeletor. One of my brothers was worried about looking at the pictures because they were going to look "weird." He thought I was going to have an alien after seeing this particular shot.
These are Baby's two beautiful feet. Hearing our baby's heartbeat for the first time was such a miracle...but this filled me with indescribable joy. When the technician would poke me hard with the tool we could see Baby kick its arms and legs in response. That was amazing. I'm SO glad that I live in an age of such safe, powerful technology! For all of those countless numbers of women who had to carry their baby without ever seeing it or hearing the heartbeat, I give a big nod of respect.
I can hardly wait until I can hold that little hand and stroke those soft cheeks. :)
16 comments:
Very exciting. I think that Skeletor is a great name. Just don't wimp out at the last second or anything.
I'm glad you're feeling so happy about it. That last picture is pretty amazing. Congrats again!
I'm sure your baby is going to be really cute, considering how beautiful his/her parents are...Congrats you two for such miracle in your lives!!
Love you!
These pictures still amaze me. It is so exciting to see the little one this soon. We are so happy for you. Hope you feel better soon.
I say "SKelly" if its a girl and "Etor" if its a boy. Cool pics:)
Kiki, JJ, and Skelly, congratulations! You are going to have to rename your blog.
My mom is saying it's a boy!!
SO CUTE!!! I'm so sad I will be on my my mission when your baby is born. Please send me lots of pictures and joy though Germany is far ... You are so amazing (both of you). I love you both!!
That's a crazy awesome first ultra sound! At my first ultra sound, Rachel looked like a kidney bean. :)
Also, September 3rd is my sister Megan's birthday! :)
Are you keeping the sex a secret??
Hearing the heartbeat is awesome. :)
It's a boy... I just know it.
The Ultra sound tech told us the sex and is pretty much positive (80% in her words) so what do you think?
Since everyone in the Stubbs family except Missy has an even number of boys and girls, you need to make up for Missy's two girls...so I'm guessing your baby is a boy!
I can't wait for your baby! It's so fun to be a mom.
Watch out for those 80% accurate guesses. Abby's last boy was really a girl! Skelly looks amazing just like his/her parents!
Those are some pretty amazing and clear ultrasound photos! Congratulations on the pregnancy, you are going to be an incredible mom!
Post a Comment