Kiki and I went to New Hampshire. Unfortunately, it's not permanent. This place is amazing! We're still here, and loving every second of it. Missy and Lyndon are being so wonderful to us and even letting us eat their food! Ready for a picture tour of our yesterday?
We began at the Tyler residence, happily preparing for our day in Boston.
Yay for car trips!

After experiencing the metro for the first time (well, me anyway...and I absolutely LOVED it) we walked on into Chinatown. Missy, and her Cantonese, led the way. It was fun to have her tell us what they were saying about us--usually a comment about how tall we were.

I fell in love with egg tarts. I ate two by the time we left, but I wanted twenty. Don't let a pregnant woman find a new favorite food, eh?
This picture has a great story to go along with it. As we ate lunch in a small Chinese place, Claire got tired of being in her wooden high chair. The grownups were talking, and Claire was carefully wriggling her little body through the leg hole to get herself out. We turned around to find her head very stuck...and she waited patiently as the store owner came over to try and get her out. His first attempt was to push her head out, but the hole really was too small. The next option was a game of twisting/lifting Claire and the chair until we could get her back in the sitting position and pull her out normally. Claire NEVER EVEN WHIMPERED. She is the most patient child I have ever known. When she was finally freed, everyone clapped and then the store man gave her a blue sucker. Hence this victorious picture. :)

At the Boston Commons. It was the most beautiful park! After Chinatown we made our way over to the Freedom Trail.

Rich is so good with a camera.

Claire, even though she wasn't walking much on her own, crashed hardcore. It was so cute.

The Granary Graveyard. Samuel Adams and Benjamin Franklin's parents and John Hancock and then...some other signers of the declaration. Also a woman who had eight children with a first husband, and six more with a second. That was pretty crazy. I'm only on my first...

I absolutely LOVE the architecture in Boston. Seriously...coolest. place. ever. I was blown away by these buildings!

We ate gelato just outside of Paul Revere's house. It was good. I was surprised by the chunks of Boston. Chinatown, the Italian chunk, etc. So much fun!

Rich, totally rocking the camera. I'm pretty sure this was an original road. Crazy how time settles things.

Back door of Paul Revere's house. I walked in, and the doorway was built totally crooked. It was so funny to me that such an old house could have lasted so long with such a...slant to it. :) Old stuff is really neat.

Taking a break, resting the feet, eating the peaches. We had already seen so many cool churches and buildings on the freedom trail!

The last stop on the Freedom Trail was Bunker Hill. We *almost* walked to it...but instead we decided that it was cool enough from the dock.

Yep...he's totally the best husband ever.

Claire really liked spitting into the water, but every time she leaned over the edge to spit my heart would stop. She would go up on her tiptoes, and lean her little self over the rail and my "motherly" self just imagined her going overboard. :) But nothing happened.

Yeah, we pretty much walked a ton. If you're bored, you should look up a map of Boston. We took the metro to Chinatown, but then walked from Chinatown to the Boston Commons, and then followed the Freedom Trail to the fancy new bridge, and then got back on the metro. That's quite a bit of walking. :) It was brilliant! I loved walking through the city...even though it was really different for someone who's never been anywhere taller/deeper/crazier than downtown SLC.
And strangely enough, I think the metro was one of my absolute favorite parts of the city experience.
The cutie! Again, Richard's incredible camera-work.
Baby Stubbs enjoyed it too. I figure that's the case because I didn't feel any kicking at all the whole day. I'm pretty sure our walk lulled Baby right to sleep. Yeah, I wanted an excuse to take a picture of my gradually growing belly.
Stay tuned for part 2: Vermont Cheese!
7 comments:
Looks like you guys are having a great time!
I feel soo jealous of you guys!!! Claire is an amazing girl...Sydney also... I've never been to Boston...and my family and I also had a terrific time with the Tyler's last winter..too bad time goes soooooo fast!
By the way....Janae, you look wonderful!!!
So fun! We took a trip to Washington D.C. when I was about that far along...as our last hurrah before Millie came. I'm glad you guys get to have this fun experience!
Looks like a ton of fun. Where is Sydney? I am glad you are getting such a good east coast experience. I love the east.
That's the cemetery where we found the grave of a boy named Richard who had died at age six and convinced your Richard, who was six at the time, that it was his grave.
Oh fun fun fun. Brings back memories of walking all over Boston with the kids an loving it all. Glad you are having such a great time
so happy you came. thanks!!
Post a Comment