However, last Sunday was particularly hard for her, which means we have a great story to tell! :0)
We sat near the back, as a happy little family. Lily had been enjoying the hymn books and her toys and was pretty much content. But near the end of the meeting Lily decided that she needed to have my glasses.
In my struggle to keep her from breaking them she became offended and started to fuss. Believe it or not, she's getting quite strong. She has also developed Jedi-like movements that are too fast for me to see. We struggled for just a moment, her little
My blood was dripping at an alarmingly fast rate, Lily was still trying to get my glasses (Richard had them now), and I was trying to catch my blood in my hands. Awkward...
With Rich's help I got my glasses back on so that I could see and walked very quickly to the bathroom to clean myself up.
Meanwhile, back at the pew...
Lily was furious that I had left her. Poor Richard...but he calmly made his way with a thrashing, screaming baby into the foyer. Disaster averted? Not yet.
He tried to calm her until a warm, wet sensation filled the hand he had cupped under her bottom. He took her to the bathroom, washed his hands, checked his own clothes (luckily she missed him!) and then met me back outside. We laughed and went to sit back down. Then she screamed through the closing prayer.
I think everyone around us was laughing. We sure were. I'm definitely asking for a rerun of that day when I die. :0)
6 comments:
hahahaha. What a great story! I bet you'll be telling this story for years!
That's a crazy sunday.
Love it! What a great writer you are! :)
Ah children. You got to love them.
That reminds me of why I started carrying a hankie with me after we had Ian. There's always something to mop up with kids.
Don't ever give that girl ninja stars. I think you should start wrapping yourselves in bubble tape or wearing hazmat suits during church. People would understand-- we've all been there! She is a feisty one!! Funny!
Post a Comment