9.21.2011

This is a post that I wrote about a year and a half ago, but never posted. I came across it, and couldn't remember why I hadn't put it up. I like it...it takes me back to that crazy semester when I was pregnant with Lily and I had physics coming out of my ears. And I loved it. I remember those months as being particularly comforting--I felt closer to my Heavenly Father and Savior than ever before. I trusted them more and depended on them more, knowing that it was impossible for me to take the world on alone.

So here are some incomplete thoughts from my past. And a pretty cool picture. :0)


I took this picture of the Orion Nebula. I also colored it (yeah, it doesn't actually look like this, but when you only have three filters and three colors to work with...).

How can anyone actually look at the beauty, detail, and magnificence of world around us and the universe without wanting to see more? How can they deny the existence of a Master Creator?

Beauty--in literary, auditory, and visual forms--inspires me. After reading a good book I praise the author for creating something beautiful. Enjoying music is always paired with a gratitude for the creativity and talents of the composer and musicians. When I see these beautiful man-made creations I easily connect them to their creators. So it is with the world around me.

For me, everything denotes that there is a God. Something as simple as smelling the roses can strengthen my testimony that there is a loving God. Feeling the little life growing inside of me strengthens that testimony too. Being creative is a divine desire and attribute.

I know that for myself I desire to create. I want to bring something into existence that wasn't there before. For that same reason, I love seeing what others have created.

3 comments:

michaelstubbs said...

Nice thoughts and a beautiful picture. Thanks for sharing them.

Jangs said...

Thank you. Beautiful

Julie said...

You took that picture? That is so cool! Thanks for the thoughts.