5.16.2012

No...there's no time. Lemme sum-up.

Please disregard the exhaustion at the corners
of my mouth. I was SOOO happy when this picture was taken.



April 8th
Ruth Anne Stubbs was born, healthy and happy. We really loved our Easter Sunday! I think if you wanted an actual birth story you'll have to wait until after this catch-up post because I really want to do it justice.



April 10th - 27th
Returned home, and tried to keep things together so that Rich could take his finals. Well, he took those finals and then graduated! April 20th. Here is a picture or two!

These 17 days were also spent recovering from delivery and packing up the house. More recovery than packing happened, I assure you, but I was still naively under the impression that I had done a lot and we were ready for the next day...

April 28th
...which was MASS CHAOS, and moving day. Thanks to our fantastic EQ and mothers (yes, Grandma Jan and Grandma Jenni, you made this possible!) I think the whole thing took under two hours. My mother had Lily with her and Jan watched Ruthie upstairs while I ran around like a crazy person, throwing things in boxes and directing traffic. Rich took three guys with him to get the washer and dryer moved in.
Once most of our stuff had made it to the new apartment I was beyond bushed. I think "zombie mom" was a good term. With all of my heart I just wanted to let the leftovers sit at the apartment for a few hours and let me come back to get them, but luckily Jan knew better. She kept pushing through and putting the odds and ends into the last few boxes. One last trip and it was OFFICIAL! None of our stuff* was in the basement apartment anymore.
*Okay, so I forgot the cookie sheets that were in the drawer under the stove. Big deal. :)
At this point, one of the sweetest ladies you'll ever meet came over and vacuumed the entire apartment for us. Thanks, Catherine!
Since I had been juggling packing, moving and nursing all morning long I really can't remember the rest of the day. All I know is that Jan and Mark were good enough to let us stay overnight with them, and at some point my mom and sister and little bro came to help me set up the beds at the new apartment.
But that was the extent of the unpacking. Which is why...

April 29th
...was not the kind of "day of rest" that I'm used to. We stayed home from church so as to settle in as a family. Just the four of us. It was actually really nice to just play with the girls, listen to conference talks, and unpack.


April 30th - May 4th
I continued unpacking and also helped my mom repaint the basement apartment. It needed it. And if anyone knows how to make a paint job look fantastic, it's my mom. Under her amazing tutelage I'm glad to say I wasn't too bad myself. I think I did more painting than unpacking in this time block. It was also my parent's 26th anniversary (May 2nd)! Yay to my wonderful parents!





May 4th
A wedding reception for my bestest friend, Diane Francis!
Yes, I still had paint covering my legs and parts of my feet. It may also have been in my hair. I chose a long enough skirt to cover most of the splotches.

May 5th
My very own Dianey-face Francis was becoming Mrs. Paul Epperson! Rich had his last week as a Saturday teller, so I went up to the wedding with my parents and daughters. Sarah watched them while we went to the sealing (and did a fantastic job, I might add!), and oh what a great moment to be a part of! A few tears and hugs afterward, as well as some cheering and smiles, I was once again nursing Ruthie.
Yes, there was still paint on my feet. I kept forgetting to scrub it off in the shower.
One nap and a luncheon later...life continued. Unfortunately I can't for the life of me remember what we were doing. Oh yes, except cleaning up for...

May 6th
...Ruth Anne's blessing! What a great experience to have my wonderful husband blessing our second baby girl. This time around I didn't even try to make a blessing dress. Instead, Ruthie wore mine (which was made by a friend of my mother). That was special.
And may I just say, WOW?! Our family is SOOOOOO supportive. To have all of you there who were able to make it really meant a lot to us.






































Yeah, if we had had Lily looking at the camera then
Ruth would have been crying again, right?
May 7th
A trip to the emergency room for Lily. Nursemaid's elbow. This story deserves a lot more detail, but if I don't post this thing I might never. blog. again.

May 13th
Our first time in our new ward, and they are AMAZING! I don't know that I've ever felt so welcome in a place I've never been (except maybe the temple...temple workers are the best at making you feel welcome).
And guess how we got Lily (the little girl who refused to take a nap before 1:00 church started) to stop screaming in sacrament meeting? The stroke of brilliance was entirely Richard's.
"Lily, if you don't stop screaming, you can't go to nursery."

...Silence...

And she was happy until the moment we went to pick her up at the end of church. :) That's our daughter!

May 14th
This was probably the craziest Monday I've had in a while, but it felt good. A surprise trip to the doctor for Ruth meant the amazing Grandma Jan stepped in again (your efforts on our behalf never cease to amaze me!) and then getting dinner to a family in the ward a little late. Luckily I have a fantastic next door neighbor who knew how to get a hold of someone, who knew where the family lived, so that I could figure out how to get dinner to them. Next week at church I'm TOTALLY getting a ward list. Or I'll just make sure that our records have moved over so that I can use LDS Tools.

Today
I am finally breathing again. There was a lot more unpacking through this whole thing, though I neglected to remind myself of it. I just finished unpacking the last kitchen box (serious rejoicing!) and now will finish organizing the kitchen...soon.

Rich was kind enough to watch the girls this morning (it's his half-day) so that I could go to the temple (*sigh* feeling even better) even though he's been doing the INSANITY workout program.
I don't know where he gets the energy!

Rich is hard at work in his new full-time position at UCCU. Head vault teller. Oh yeah, that's my man! Lily and I are learning all of the playgroup times at the nearby park and Ruthie is growing like a pretty little weed!*
*That doesn't mean I think my daughter looks like a weed, that means she's grown a ton already.







 So in the words of Indigo Montoya, I have done my best to "sum-up" what has happened in the last month. Now you know why I haven't blogged recently. :)

5 comments:

michaelstubbs said...

This makes me feel frantic. I think I'll go take a nap.

Julie said...

Those are some great pics-- Ruthie has changed already so much!

wendys said...

What a crazy month! Glad you are doing well.

Abby said...

Holy cow lady! You need a nap!
Your daughters are beautiful, your stamina is unmatched, and you really are fabulous. Keep up the great work!

SP said...

whew! Mike took the words outta my mouth! I can't believe you did so much stuff around having a baby!!! you are incredible, both of you. I may be wrong, but I think Ruthie looks different than Lilly did, no?