DAY 5
Nabby and Cameron had to leave early and be responsible (it's like they have jobs or something... :D) so instead of a goodbye picture with them we took a goodbye picture of their coolest talking bobble-heads ever.
That's right, Josh. You NEED these.
I wish I could have wrapped Nabby up, put her in the diaper bag and taken her home with me, all without Cameron noticing. But I don't think that would have gone over very well. *Sigh*
The drive home was, for the most part, uneventful. No more blowouts, pee-soaked car seats, emergency potty breaks (yes, this is the adult version of a crisis).
We made it to St. George in what felt like no time at all. Which was a good thing because we were all starving!
On the left we have Lily, dancing at the Panda Express. Maybe she wasn't dancing. All I know is that she was doing anything she could to try and get out of eating her lunch. I guess I gave her too many Pringles in the car. On the right are Sarah, Mommy, and Ruth. I was stuffing my face with a fortune cookie. :D
Finally! A picture with all of us! This was attempt #3 and it still lacks Ruthie's face...but it was toasty outside and we weren't about to try again. :)
"Oo-hoo!"
"Mom, how dare you forbid me from splashing in the water!"
"Tee hee, I reached it anyway!"
This was, perhaps, the most glorious rest stop of them all. Can't you see it in their faces?
With a collective sigh of relief we turned up the road, drove into the culdesac, parked in the driveway, and stumbled into the air conditioned house.
Rich had dinner waiting for us.
It was almost like our vacation would never end!
And then Josh came in yelling that he had destroyed his phone and Mom needed to buy him a new one, and it was only 120 bucks so she needed to do it soon.
We knew that the Epic Arizona Vacation was officially over. :0)
3 comments:
Glad you survived the trip!
That last leg of the trip can take forever.
So glad you had such a great trip. Thanks for sharing
Post a Comment