7.05.2012

Road trip days 3, 4, and 5!

DAY 3

It was sure nice to wake up on day 3 and not have to pack up and drive again. My fantastic uncle Greg and aunt Trish let us stay with them! 

We went to an early sacrament meeting (where Lily refused to sit down...and I can't say I blame her after 13 hours in a car) and then it was time to visit my Great-grandma Brenner. :)

Check out our 5 generation pictures!



Chillin' in Great-great-grandma's Jazzy.


Greg, Trish, and their gorgeous kids!




We drove by the Mesa temple after the visit so that we could see where Dad proposed to Mom, and be giddy like girls are supposed to be when they're on a road trip. :)

My cousin, Kylie (sorry if I spelled that wrong!) 
Four generations

Ruthie, being held by Grandpa P. for the first time, and loving it!
She was grabbing his fingers with her teeny toes!

We ended Day 3 with Boggle and an epic balloon volleyball game. Did you know that Greg's front room is devoted entirely to indoor sports? The night before we had watched the boys play hockey ...

"Why did you let them score?!?!" 
"But, Dad! I'm bleeding!" 
"Suck it off and stay focused!"

... and that night it was our turn. Boys vs. girls. It was intense. Lots of yelling and cheering and it was awesome. :)

Did the girls win? 

Unfortunately...no. But I have hope that some day I can help them on to victory instead of hinder them. :)

Aw, that was a great day!
(Okay, stay tuned for days 4 and 5. This is taking me forever!)

3 comments:

Jangs said...

Love seeing your trip. It looks so greats

SP said...

what a trip!! whew!

michaelstubbs said...

Sounds like it was a successful trip. I have never visited my homeland.