"Do you know how weird it is to be sitting next to the girl you just kissed and then be talking on the phone to the girl you're about to kiss?"
- Gabe
- Gabe
I guess it's about time for me to grow up and face the facts of life. The real ones. Do you see this tree?

The caption for this tree goes something like this: "Ooo! This is my very favoritest tree! It's so beautiful. Seriously everyone, I could totally be happy to have a first kiss underneath this thing..."
My family laughed. But do you want to know a little fact of life? When Janae makes a statement about kissing, life soon becomes ironic. Cruelly ironic, and downright hilarious.
The day after I posted this picture on my family site I auditioned for a play. It was completely chance that my friend Gabe got me to agree to it. We auditioned together, and as fate would have it, we made the same play! In fact, we're the only two characters in the play. Now, I won't divulge the plot or anything (because it's a cool play and I think you should come and see it), but I will tell you that it was a funny feeling to find out how fragile my foundations were, simply because of fate (...that wasn't supposed to make sense). As quickly as I was informed of my great luck in being cast, I was also informed that I would be kissing Gabe. Twice. In every performance.
Hmmmmm...this is like the Sesame Street game. Which of these things is not like the other? In case you can't figure it out, I'll tell you. :)
After Capt. Southerland stepped down from her presidency in the the VL Club, I've reigned as HRH the all-powerful and never-ending Queen Almighty, Janae (of said club). I'm still the president, and will continue to be despite my new task, for my advisers remind me that a kiss on stage isn't the same as a real kiss, and it doesn't count. But man! You have to admit that this is pretty strange. My dad said that it's nature's way of saying that I can't remain un-kissed forever. Sometimes I just sit down and start to think, Okay, so who will my first kiss be? Gabe. When will it be? Next week. It's a little more than strange to be able to answer questions like that. Especially because Gabe is dating an awesome girl. . .and I'm interested in someone else. . .it just really makes me laugh. Almost more laughable are the hour-long conversations that Gabe and I have about kissing. It turns out that I actually know all of the logistics about kissing. I did before he tried to teach me. I just haven't put them into practice.
So at rehearsal last night we were laughing at life, broomsticks, and kissing, and Gabe asked me if he could blog about our little experience. Sure, I thought. Why not? But seeing as he isn't getting on with it, I'll beat him to it. :) I wonder what he's going to say.
After all of this, I sure hope I'm a natural. For Gabe's sake.
2 comments:
Wow... this is awkward:-)
No, this is awesome! It's been a rather fruitful summer for the Posse... ;)
Post a Comment