5.30.2010

Square foot blogging! Look what we've been making!

Showcase of manly awesomeness! Yes, my husband loves power tools. I gave him a tool belt for an early Father's Day gift which he had been craving because he had made so many recent trips to Home Depot. He definitely deserved it because he was making so many square foot garden boxes, and simply because I love him.


Kiki has been making these for my mom. We made the first one for her birthday last year, and then the other three came for mother's day this year. One of them, however, is OURS!!! Our very first garden! I was so excited, you have no idea. It's ADORABLE!!!

 We have tomatoes, green bell peppers, artichokes (crazy cool!), cherry tomatoes, yellow squash, and basil! And a marigold, to keep bad bugs away.The other boxes are my mom's.


Winterizing them. Just at nighttime. :) Isn't my husband the best ever? He has been working so hard. I could sing his praises all day just because I'm so grateful for him. He's thinking of turning this box-making into a little business.

In all honesty, Kiki has been doing all of the actual "making" with these square foot gardens. I've been working on "making" something else. Three months to go!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

3 months to go??? You're kidding me? You haven't gained any weight!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You look sooooooo thin (and beautiful as the usual).
Can't wait to see this little girl's face!!!

Julie said...

Hey!! Now you look as pregnant as I look! Actually I look like I'm about three months ahead of you. (And NO I am not expecting-- that was a joke about my flabbiness:)

Julie said...

Those garden boxes are awesome!

michaelstubbs said...

You will have fun gardening. Plant some pumpkins for us.

Cassie said...

Awesome garden boxes, Rich and awesome baby-bump, Nae! Keep up the good work, both of you.

SP said...

I just finished planting today. I love playing in the dirt. You only have three months to go?!? crazy.

Ro Ro Riot said...

Hey those are really cool! A great project!

Jared Stubbs said...

Great looking boxes!

Nae said...

i am selling them if any one wants.

Stepper the Mighty said...

Wow, and I thought *I* was going project crazy! :D Those are AWESOME!

Ooh, and hey! You read Nie! Sweet! :D