6.19.2010

75

Maybe this countdown thing wasn't the greatest idea... :) 
But I did make a real paper chain when Kiki and I were engaged and that was fun. I waited to make the paper chain until 75 days before the wedding because I didn't want to use a ton of paper (aren't I so frugal? or...environmental?) and didn't want to see a chain longer than 75 links. 
Turns out, a 75 link chain is HUGE.

I'm thinking that the main reason the wedding chain worked is because it was really depressing to see it so long in the beginning. Then it became meaningless and I stopped thinking about it through the middle part. Then it was really exciting to get to the end and only have a few left.
That must be how countdowns work...at least for the ones that aren't instantly gratifying like New Year's countdowns. I mean, ten seconds. What is that? Nothing compared to 75 days, lemme tell you. :)


Last night Kiki and I watched The Shop Around the Corner and it was brilliant! We laughed and laughed and it was just...the best. By the time we were done it was 10 pm and oddly enough we both really wanted to watch You've Got Mail. So we did.
For the first half of You've Got Mail they pretty much reuse the old-school script! I think it was a brilliant move, because the lines are classic and perfect. And Steve Zahn, while he's my absolute favorite "funny sidekick" in Sahara, he just doesn't rival the hilarity of Pepi in The Shop Around the Corner. That's just my opinion. You'll have to decide for yourself.
It was really fun to watch them back to back. Similarities and differences really stood out, and made the movie-watching that much more enjoyable.
It was a great date night. And Kiki gave my tired feet a luxurious pedicure! 
Yes, you should all be jealous that I got the best husband ever.
:D
And am I weird that sometimes it actually tickles when Skelly is moving around? I've never been tickled from the inside before, but seriously! She has made me laugh out loud on occasion. Have any of you veteran pregnant ladies ever felt this?

5 comments:

michaelstubbs said...

I think that I like Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks best in Joe VS the Volcano. Every other movie starring those two since then has been pretty boring.

Have you made a countdown chain for when you send Skelly off to college? How long would an 18 year chain be?

Jangs said...

I love both shop movies. And counting down the last days of pregnancy.....oh very long even without a chain

Julie said...

No offense, but for me making a chain of the last 75 days of pregnancy is self-torture. I couldn't do it. More power to ya, sis.

I will have to watch the Shop Around the Corner-- sounds good!

Ro Ro Riot said...

You're having a baby. That's still so crazy to me. You're going to be a great mom.

Ali Marie said...

Kye did that. It was so funny! It was crazy though. He got to the point where he would kick Steve if he tried to cuddle up to me. He was such a kicker. After he was born the drs were worried because his O2 levels were low, but there he was kicking and squirming. Just wait the best is yet to come!