6.26.2010

68

We started attending a prenatal class at a hospital this week, and it was so wonderful! Naturally, now that I have more of an idea of what goes on with labor, I keep daydreaming about actually delivering and seeing our baby girl for the first time...despite the fact that a lot of ladies think I should be having nightmares. :)

But I'm not going to lie, this class has also made me worry more than usual. They tell you all of these bad signs and things you need to do if such and such happens, and when you should call the doctor and when you're supposed to go straight to a hospital. While it's really good to be prepared, I think I'm worrying myself.

The last two days she was so insanely active. Trust me, my insides felt it for sure! She would wake me up in the morning and keep me up at night. I loved it. It was so reassuring. But this morning...I've actually been counting the movements because they've been so sparse. Yes, I'm paranoid. I've never been pregnant before, and I've never been at 30 weeks before, and I want so badly to have everything go well. I love this little girl so much. 

I talked to my mom after Rich left for work because I didn't like being alone with my worries. Moms are just the best, aren't they? After drinking the orange juice and laying down and praying and counting some more I feel a little better. But you can probably tell that I still have worries, because why else would I be putting my thoughts out on the blog? Coping strategies are strange sometimes.

But I do feel a little better already. And Rich will give me a big hug when he comes home from work, and I'll feel a lot better.

6 comments:

Julie said...

You think you have worries when they are INSIDE.......just wait;)

michaelstubbs said...

Yes, yes. I am with Julie. Much safer inside.

Anna said...

Aw, honey! I know how you are feeling! There would be days when I would just cry and cry because I thought she wasn't moving enough. It's scary and hard not to worry.

You are such a good mommy already!
Keep counting those kicks! 10 more weeks. :)

Jared Stubbs said...

You are going to be a great mom.

Jangs said...

It will be all right. And you are normal. There are many adventures a head.

Stepper the Mighty said...

worrying is a mother's right.

But you are wise to seek the counsel/comfort of the one who worried about you.

I got the same worry late in my pregnancy with Wyatt. I actually went to the hospital and made them monitor me - just so I could hear his healthy heartbeat and be reassured.

Every time we had a health check-up (is it weekly for you, yet?) hearing that heartbeat was the thing I wanted most.

Everything else after that - all the numbers and signs of labor - were unimportant to me. Because I knew - for at least one more week - that my boy was doing well.