10.16.2010

Sickie

I'm pretty sure I can count the number of times my mother has been sick on one hand. Not just a headache (I'm sure she has those daily) but a knock-you-out, make-you-cry, can't-get-out-of-bed-even-though-you-need-to, nasty sick. I grew up with the impression that moms are nearly invincible because they have to take care of everyone else.

So why is it that I've officially had the title of "Mom" for under six weeks now and I've been sick twice? Already?

It's a good thing I have a beautiful baby to keep me company.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Boo. I hope you feel better soon! Let me know if I can bring you soup or something.

Unknown said...

Twice? oh girl...you'd beter take care of yourself!!! Hope u feel better soon!!

michaelstubbs said...

Sorry. Moms get sick all the time. They just don't get a day off when they are sick.

Julie said...

Hope you feel better. I bet your mom was super duper sick more than you know and she was being super duper tough because, like Mike said, parents don't get days off, right?

Jangs said...

I am so sorry you are sick. You are keeping an incredible pace right now. Sorry I am not there to help. Hope you feel better soon

SP said...

Rest well momma. I feel for you.

Anna said...

Make sure you're getting some sleep and eating healthy! I didn't sleep at all or eat anything (not much, anyway) for the first three months-bad idea.

Stepper the Mighty said...

Man - that's the worst! I hate being sick when I have a new baby! I fret over getting the baby sick the whole time, and even though I'm pretty much unable to move, the Mom-show must go on!

Hopefully you have helpers? And chicken soup?