11.19.2011

Food Storage Success

This morning, thanks to the fact that I have yet to get to the grocery store, our breakfast choice was limited to pancakes. Thick, wheat pancakes. Usually I love me a solid pancake but with my pregnant gag reflex the way that it is, thick wasn't going to cut it. Oh yeah, and I have to make sure Rich and Lily like whatever I make, too.

So I hemmed and hawed a bit, and then I pulled out the dehydrated apple slices and some cinnamon.

Result? Pretty good! I think next time I'd put more of the apple in, and Rich suggested letting them soak in water for a little bit before I add them so that the apple flavor is stronger.

Three cheers for not-boring, not-as-thick Apple Cinnamon Wheat pancakes. Lily ate a whole one and then another half!

Luckily, with my "mommy intuition" I foresaw her smearing pieces of syrupy pancake across her cheek and stripped her down before putting her in the high chair. :)

3 comments:

Jangs said...

IT is good for you too!. IT will make you strong!. Good job

Julie said...

Hey-- I'll have to try that. I usually just eat the apple slices by the pound-- and then they start to expand in my belly with the liquid and I feel reallllly full!

SP said...

way to go momma. Nice thinking. :)