I just finished my last major class before Thanksgiving break! Now I just have 4 hours of research in the Biomechanics lab and one more boring lecture to attend to before I am free for the week! Actually I am going to try and be good and study this break. We'll see if that happens...
I am researching barefoot running if any of you are curious. It's pretty fun, I get to attach reflectors to subjects and film them with a slow motion camera as they run across a force plate. I later go into the lab and make a 3D model in the computer from the data we collect.
2 comments:
That sounds like an awesome research project.
That is great-- that is just what the p.t. did when I went in. It was a little weird to see me slow-mo on the computer. He told me that the barefoot running wasn't really what helped me, but running correctly did..... uhhhhhh,huh? I didn't have the energy to argue and say that no one trained me to run correctly-- when I ran barefoot my body corrected itself. If I hadn't started barefoot running, I wouldn't be able to even walk right now-- my achilles was hurting so bad and had swelled up so much. I think he really just didn't want to admit the power of the bare feet! Blah blah blah-- I'll shut up.
Post a Comment