Our daughter has this talent. She can get her arms (and usually her legs, too) out of every single swaddle...no matter the awesome skills the swaddler may have. She wriggles them right up to the top so that she can stick her arms above her head and do all sorts of damage to her face with her fingernails. She loves to sleep with both arms almost straight up, apparently.
This is why we've decided to nickname her, for the purposes of this blog anyway, Houdini. Dini for short. It's a little more feminine than Skelly.
:D
And now for more recent pictures!
Yum.
Awaiting the first sponge bath at home. She loved having her hair washed but most certainly didn't love any other part of it.
And now post-second bath! This bath wasn't planned, but became necessary after an explosive diaper shot clear up her back.
Daddy loved playing with her hair!
9 comments:
How cute!
I like the look on her face in the second to last picture.
It's so nice seeing pictures of you three!!! Thanks for keeping us updated...
I think Dini is going to have dark eyes. She looks like she is looking right through you. Keep those pictures coming. Can't get enough
Oh no! She's a cannibal!
Oh I love it. Nothing makes me want a baby more than post bath baby smell and snuggle. What a cutie.
PS Have you seen the special swaddle blankets they have now? They have Velcro specific for tricky little babies that like to escape!
Aw-- I say just use duct tape. That stuff is great for EVERYTHING.
NAE! Malachi was exacly the same way. I kept looking at Daphne who was much older and loved her blanket tight then at Malachi who focused on escaping blankets, socks, hats and anything else that didn't snap or velcro closed. Hang in there :) Some babies just don't like to be swaddled. And who can blame them for wanting to stretch their legs (and arms) think of the cramped living space they had before!
I meant to comment on this earlier, but it's funny, because we gave Millie the same nickname for the same reason!!! :)
Post a Comment