5.07.2008

Riding in the rain

I just rode up to the MTC (I work there) in this gorgeous storm! At first it was a little bit obnoxious because the blossoms were flying off of the trees and then sticking to my wet skin, but then, suddenly, it was simply wonderful! I laughed to myself as I was not-so-slowly soaked. I laughed as I ran, drenched, into 1M. Then I laughed when I went into the bathroom and accidentally saw myself in the mirror. That was truly a sight to see!
Speaking of bathrooms, did you know that the men's faculty bathroom in the locker room of the Smith Field House has a resonance frequency with a low G? Yeah. One of the incredible physics professors was humming in the bathroom, realized that it was resonating, and then next time brought a meter stick and a tape recorder so that he could prove it. That's just the way that physics people are. He's the same professor who drove past the bell tower when it was chiming "Come, Come Ye Saints" just so that he could record the Doppler Effect. Maybe someday I'll be a cool physics teacher like them. Tape recorders and all. :)

1 comment:

Robyn said...

Hey, I heard that recording of the bell tower in my Acoustics class! :) And remember our little Doppler effect bugs? Good times.